Friday, January 04, 2013

Weekly Finds #114

A new year is upon us. I've managed to slowly pluck away at some of the miniatures I got for Christmas. And of course I continue to be baffled by the lack of intelligence some individuals have when presenting to Emergency Departments. I guess some things never change. Much like the amazing work hobbyist produce and share on the interwebz...

Dark Eldar Feathered Nightmares by Lucky No.5 from Eye of Error - The quality of this Dark Eldar Coven continue to amaze me. Not only are the wings stunning, but so is the glow effect. I also enjoy reading the short blurb with each of these posts...


Building a better Typhus by Tyler M. from Mengel Miniatures - The fourth and final instalment in this stunning conversion. It reminds me of a similar conversions I saw many years ago in White Dwarf. That conversion featured Typhus without a helmet and he only carried only decapitated head if I remember correctly.


Commission Helbrecht by Lil Loser from Lillegent Studio - The contrast between the warm and cold colours works well for this miniature. I actually prefer this colour scheme to the usual portrayal of the High Marshal. And it is another look at Black Templars with a warm black as opposed to the usual colder recipes seen.


Glory of Slaanesh by Karol Rudyk from Cool Mini or Not - I must thank Volomir for featuring this jaw dropping miniature in his monthly Do Not Miss. The prominent use of red and black is a nice change from the typical colours associated with servants of Slaanesh. Another of Karol's Daemons of Slaanesh can be seen here. With the unpainted sculptor here.

No comments:

Post a Comment